ADSM-L

Re: SQL Logs and Backup conflict

2006-01-09 10:01:34
Subject: Re: SQL Logs and Backup conflict
From: "Schaub, Steve" <Steve_Schaub AT BCBST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 10:01:08 -0500
Zoltan,

Assuming you associate both servers to each sched, you will only end up
with 10 log schedules, which isnt too bad, and it is a lot more
straightforward than disabling schedules behind the scenes.

A slightly more complicated scheme would be to build a command script
that runs a log backup if the time is between 10am-10pm, a full backup
if the time is between 10pm-11pm, and exits if the time is between
11pm-10am.

Steve Schaub
Systems Engineer, WNI
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee