ADSM-L

Re: Running tapes off-site multiple times in a day?

2006-01-05 23:05:33
Subject: Re: Running tapes off-site multiple times in a day?
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 23:05:13 -0500
As a coworker once had posted on his door (Hey John, if you're out there!):

There are three kinds of work:
Reliable
Fast
Cheap

You may pick two.

And it looks like you're in the unfortunate position where the "powers that
be" are asking for all three.

Backups are just like insurance - you may be at the point where you have to
get them to evaluate what point on the cost/protection scale they want/need
to be.  A nice Compliance rule (SOX, HIPPA, etc) can often help you out
there.

Nick Cassimatis

----- Forwarded by Nicholas Cassimatis/Raleigh/IBM on 01/05/2006 11:00 PM
-----

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 01/05/2006
10:46:46 PM: