ADSM-L

Re: Backup is doing a full when a differential is specified: Help! Very perplexed!

2006-01-04 09:16:14
Subject: Re: Backup is doing a full when a differential is specified: Help! Very perplexed!
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 09:15:49 -0500
On Jan 4, 2006, at 8:40 AM, Joni Moyer wrote:

Hello everyone!

I am trying to backup our NAS CX704G with NDMP backups on our TSM
server
5.2.4.0 on AIX 5.2.  As you can see the command states that it
should be a
differential backup, but when it begins the backup process it is
actually
doing a full.  Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions as to why
this might
be occurring?  ...

The greatest possibility is per the manual:

"If you choose a differential backup, and a full backup is not found,
a full backup is performed."

There are further words on this in the doc APAR IC42526.

   Richard Sims