ADSM-L

Re: Concurrent primary and copy pool backup

2006-01-04 08:23:58
Subject: Re: Concurrent primary and copy pool backup
From: Cory Heikel <cheikel AT PSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 08:23:14 -0500
When you define or update your stgpool use the
COPYSTGpools--=----copypoolname option. For the syntax just type help
update stgpool at the command line.

The documentation says it works with both random and sequential access
methods, but i have never been able to get it to work on random.

cory

*****E-Mail Confidentiality Notice*****
This message (including any attachments) contains information intended
for a specific individual(s) and purpose that may be privileged,
confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure pursuant to
applicable law.  Any inappropriate use, distribution or copying of the
message is strictly prohibited and may subject you to criminal or civil
penalty.  If you have received this transmission in error, please reply
to the sender indicating this error and delete the transmission from
your system immediately.

>>> RLevi AT HESS DOT COM 1/4/2006 8:12:49 AM >>>

I remember reading about being able to do backups to a primary and
copy
storage pool concurrently but I can't find this info anymore.  Is
anyone
doing this ?  Can you please point me to the manual / command to set
this up.  I am running TSM 5.2.6 (AIX) with 5.2 and 5.3 clients (AIX,
Windows and HP-UX).

Thanks (and hope everyone had a happy and safe New Year).
Ralph