ADSM-L

Re: TSM macro imports

2006-01-03 12:01:35
Subject: Re: TSM macro imports
From: John Monahan <JMonahan AT COMPURES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 11:00:48 -0600
In my experience it is normally a > (greater than) symbol that causes the
problem and terminates the macro processing.  Remove the space after the >
in your macro file and try it again.  It could be some other special
character that is causing a problem as well.  It all depends on what line
the macro processing terminates.  Examine that particular script for any
special characters.

______________________________
John Monahan
Senior Consultant Enterprise Solutions
Computech Resources, Inc.
Office: 952-833-0930 ext 109
Cell: 952-221-6938
http://www.computechresources.com

             "Spearman, Wayne"
             <wmspearman@NOVAN
             THEALTH.ORG>                                               To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     TSM macro imports

             01/02/2006 05:03
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

I have several new TSM servers I want to copy macros to. I have the
macros in a file. I used the q script command with display format of
Macro to get the commands needed to generate the new script.

The problem comes in with the double quotes, single quotes, parens, etc
embedded in some of the scripts. When I run a script that reads the file
containing the macro commands I get errors such as mis-matched quotes,
extraneous words, etc.

I've tried several things with single quotes around double quotes, but
can't seem to get the right combination. I've searched adsm.org, but
didn't get an answer there. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Wayne

This message and any included attachments are from NOVANT HEALTH
INC. and are intended only for the addressee(s). The information
contained herein may include trade secrets or privileged or
otherwise confidential information. Unauthorized review,
forwarding, printing, copying, distributing, or using such
information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this message in error, or have reason to believe you are
not authorized to receive it, please promptly delete this message
and notify the sender by e-mail.
If you believe that any information contained in this message is
disparaging or harassing on the basis of gender, race, age,
disability, religion, or national origin, please contact Novant
Health, Inc. at 1-888-378-8250 or 1-800-350-0094 or forward the
e-mail to reports AT novanthealth DOT org.
Thank you.