ADSM-L

Re: windows / ANE4987E

2005-12-21 20:59:12
Subject: Re: windows / ANE4987E
From: TSM_User <tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 17:59:01 -0800
I saw the posts telling you to exclude it. It is funny that I've seen the
ntuser.dat file get backed up with TSM open file support. The OS has an
exclusive lock on it.  I think it is odd that open file support can't back up
the file you listed.

  Could you try using the baclient to backup any of the ntuser.dat files. They
are located under "C:\Documents and Settings\UserID" (ex C:\Documents and
Settings\administrator".

  If you can successfully backup ntuser.dat but not the file you listed below
then let me know and I'll run some tests on one of our mom test servers.  If
you can't backup ntuser.dat then I believe you don't have OFS installed
correctly or there is something wrong with the OFS portion of the installation.

  I'm not saying that with OFS every file can be backed up. I just haven't had
any problems on any of the servers that I have OFS running on.  Note, that we
have been selective about where we run OFS because it requires a reboot to
install and upgrade.  As a result we have only put it on select servers like
Notes servers.

  Kyle

goc <goran.k AT VIP DOT HR> wrote:
  hi people,
how to get rid of
12/21/05 12:46:36 ANE4987E (Session: 91727, Node: AD01) Error
processing
'\\ad01\c$\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Application
Data\Microsoft\Microsoft Operations
Manager\HE\EventCons': the object is in use by
another
process (SESSION: 91727)

open files support is installed, server rebooted ...
i'm unix admin so this totally new for me, if
anyone has a hint i'll appreciate it mucho !

TIA

goran