ADSM-L

Re: 3494 - volume "ready at load point" message...

2005-12-20 18:00:23
Subject: Re: 3494 - volume "ready at load point" message...
From: Andy Huebner <Andy.Huebner AT ALCONLABS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 17:00:11 -0600
Did the library show the tape as mounted or mounting?  We see a tape
drive in the state you describe several times a week, but we have only
seen what you describe once and the library had the tape in the mount
queue.
We were reset the library and TSM timed out the hung process, which is
only a little better than resetting the TSM server.

TSM 5.2.2.4 on AIX.

Andy Huebner