ADSM-L

Fw: manual tape drive

2005-12-19 11:05:19
Subject: Fw: manual tape drive
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 11:04:57 -0500
Don't forget to check the requests and reply to the active one - "q req"
and "reply X" so that TSM knows the tape is there.

Nick Cassimatis

----- Forwarded by Nicholas Cassimatis/Raleigh/IBM on 12/19/2005 11:03 AM
-----

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 12/19/2005
10:53:37 AM:

> I guess I should have passed on that I pre labeled one tape and when TSM
> kicked off a db backup it asked for a tape, which I inserted, but TSM
never
> recognized it. A migrate did the same thing. Since there is only one
drive
> at least I know I didn't screw that up...
> I also have read via messages and info on the admin console screen in 5.3
> that scratch tapes need to be checked in. It sort of tells you how to do
> this but locating it hasn't been possible yet.
>
> Well I'll give it another try and see what happens.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Geoff Gill
> TSM Administrator
> SAIC M/S-G1b