ADSM-L

favorite management class settings

2005-12-19 10:41:22
Subject: favorite management class settings
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 07:40:20 -0800
I was wondering if some might like to pass on what you consider to be your
favorite management class with settings for the backup copy groups. I'm
curious if there seems to be settings that tend to be similar in that
customers have agreed they are willing to live with, more or less that is. I
understand there will be differences and there could also be additional ones
for each domain. I am more or less curious about the default settings you
have set up. Also how have these settings affected the size of your
database? The reason I'm asking is because I'd like to make changes when
this new system comes in, and I'm also curious how you deal with so many
requests to, well, want to keep everything.

Do you also have the same issues of people just not understanding how it
works and still wanting to manage data the "old" way so they don't have to
deal with making a decision?

Thanks,

Geoff Gill

TSM Administrator

SAIC M/S-G1b

(858)826-4062

Email:  <mailto:geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com> geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com