ADSM-L

TSM client 5.3.2.0 for Windows

2005-12-12 11:49:41
Subject: TSM client 5.3.2.0 for Windows
From: Rainer Holzinger <rainer_holzinger AT WEB DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 17:49:06 +0100
Hello all,

I'm implementing a new Microsoft Cluster Server (Windows 2003 server)
into our TSM environment.

We are using a separate network for backup purposes with a separate
backup NIC as well.

The local TSM clients on each cluster node as well as the 'shared' TSM
client's are having different tcp ip addresses like it's recommended in
the documentation (client manual and redbook).

After the password synchronization for all the TSM clients I've check
their tcp ip addresses within the TSM servers node entires. From there I
have seen that all the TSM clients are using the same ip address (the
one from the local TSM client) to connect to the TSM server.

Why don't the 'shared' TSM clients use the ip address that has been
defined by parameter 'tcpclientaddress' within their dsm.opt files? Am I
doing something wrong or misunderstand?

Thank you and best regards,

Rainer