ADSM-L

Re: Define path for direct attached fiber

2005-12-09 12:56:36
Subject: Re: Define path for direct attached fiber
From: Larry Peifer <peiferlt AT SONGS.SCE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 09:56:11 -0800
We're beginning to look into VTL and I'd be interested in what systems /
vendors your considered and then which one you are going with.  Running
TSM 5.3 with AIX 5.2ML 5 on RS6000  P650.

LTP
San Clemente, California

Victoria Ortepio <victoria.ortepio AT MCI DOT COM>
12/09/2005 06:40 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] Define path for direct attached fiber

Be careful with this one.  We just purchased a VTL ourselves.
We are running TSM 5.2.3.  We are currently waiting for a fix
with the vendor in order to configure TSM.

In TSM V5.3, the code seems to have loosened up.  Verify that
the TSM version, o/s version, device drivers (o/s or TSM), the
type of drives, is a configuration that the vendor has certified.
Our problem is with LTO2 drives.  Try speaking with one of their
customers that has the same configuration as you do.

Regards,

Vicki
MCI
Piscataway, NJ