ADSM-L

Re: Copying a COPYPOOL...

2005-12-06 10:50:59
Subject: Re: Copying a COPYPOOL...
From: Mark Stapleton <mark.stapleton AT USBANK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 09:50:31 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Nast, Jeff P.
>>We recently purchased IBM 3592-J1A tape drives and are in the process of
>>converting from 3590-E1A in our 3494 library. The TAPEPOOL migration is
>>going well using "move data" command. But we are stuck on how to migrate
our
>>COPYPOOL01 (3590-E1A) to COPYPOOL02 (3592-J1A). There is the ugly option
>>"destroy" the 3590 tapes, but I would consider that a last resort,
unless
>>it's the only resort...

> Thank you for your response. We already have COPYPOOL02 (3592-J1A) set
up to
> be the reclaim point for COPYPOOL01 (3590-E1A), but only set to 51.
That's a
> great idea and one we will consider.

You'll have to consider it; you cannot move data from one copy storage
pool to another. You're just going to have to start over with a new copy
pool. Once you get the new copy pool completed, you'll need to destroy the
old one; there's not much else to do with it.

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT usbank DOT com)
Electronic Privacy Notice. This e-mail, and any attachments, contains