ADSM-L

Re: Failed & Completed Status

2005-12-05 08:44:40
Subject: Re: Failed & Completed Status
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 14:44:27 +0100
Robert Ouzen wrote:
> Hi to all
>
> I had one Novell client version 6.5 with Tsm client 5.3.0 with always a
> status backup of FAILED with RC 12 with kind of errors messages as
> (dsmerror.log):
>    The file is skipped
>    access to the object is denied
>
> 12/05/2005 01:28:51 ANS1512E Scheduled event 'SCHED2N' failed.  Return code =
> 12.
>
> I had another client same configuration with the same errors messages but
> finish with status backup of COMPLETED RC 4.
>
> Can anybody explain to me why the difference ??????

There is a limit to the number of files that can fail before the client
reports either rc 4 or 12. If there is just one or two files that fail
you'll get rc 4 if it is more (more than how many exactly I don't
remember) you'll get rc 12.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 3000    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the
computer industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the
computer industry didn't even foresee that the century was going to
end." -- Douglas Adams