ADSM-L

Re: How do you change the device class of a storage pool?

2005-12-02 20:01:22
Subject: Re: How do you change the device class of a storage pool?
From: "Mark D. Rodriguez" <mark AT MDRCONSULT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 19:01:15 -0600
Doug,

Thanks for the suggestion, but that won't really work because it would
move all of the other storage pools as well.  And that is not what I
need to do.

In hindsight, I should have created a device class for each storage
pool.  That is now going to be a part of my standard installation since
it costs very little to do it and can save an awful lot in the long run.

--
Regards,
Mark D. Rodriguez

MDR Consulting
The very best in Technical Training and Consulting.
IBM Advanced Business Partner
SAIR Linux and GNU Authorized Center for Education
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert, CATE
AIX Support and Performance Tuning, RS6000 SP, TSM/ADSM and Linux
Red Hat Certified Engineer, RHCE

Thorneycroft, Doug wrote:

You can update your device class to point to the new library, but
all storage pool using that class will be redirected.