ADSM-L

Re: DB Reduction question

2005-12-02 08:27:39
Subject: Re: DB Reduction question
From: Mark Stapleton <mark.stapleton AT USBANK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 07:27:21 -0600
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 12/02/2005
07:23:35 AM:
> I've created my DB on a drive that will not be big enough for very much
> longer, so would like to move it to another drive, preferably without
> restoring it.
>
> I've reduced the db and see the following on one DB-Volume:
> Volume Name (Copy 1): D:\TSMDATA\DB\D3904869.DBV
>          Copy Status: Sync'd
> Available Space (MB): 8,640
> Allocated Space (MB): 0
>      Free Space (MB): 8,640
>
> 1. Does this mean I can delete this DB-volume?

Possibly. Please refer to the administrator's guide appropriate for the
level of TSM you are using for instructions on how to modify your db
volume structure.

> 2. Can I "defrag" a DB-Volume somehow?

The first question you should ask is: what makes you think you need to?

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT usbank DOT com)
Electronic Privacy Notice. This e-mail, and any attachments, contains