ADSM-L

Re: Still huge problems with Mac OSX client 5.2.3.12

2005-12-01 11:47:13
Subject: Re: Still huge problems with Mac OSX client 5.2.3.12
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 11:45:14 -0500
On Dec 1, 2005, at 6:47 AM, Farren Minns wrote:

...I have never seen such problems with any other clients flavours
and I
really don't know where to start looking. ...

Farren - I have some familiarity with the Mac client, but was hoping
that
         a regular user of it would have insights and post a solution.
Whereas whole directories are seemingly being left out of the backup, by
all means check for Excludes or ownership/permissions underlying that.
Given the gross nature of the issue, pursuit should be simpler than with
an insidious issue.

A means of pursuing further is to perform diagnostic backups...
Go into Preferences: in Diagnostics, Enable Tracing, select an output
file for it, and start with Trace Flags "perform general".  That will
produce minimal output, where it will tell you exactly what options
are in effect during the operation and what was excluded.  You can
escalate to more profuse trace flags as needed.

   Richard Sims