ADSM-L

Re: WMI backup failure - return code 3029

2005-11-30 10:45:15
Subject: Re: WMI backup failure - return code 3029
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 08:46:42 -0700
Your INCLUDE statement doesn't do anything except maybe bind the
c:\adsm.sys *directories* (not files, which are not backed up) to SPECIAL.

To bind system object or system state to a different management class, see
the INCLUDE.SYSTEMOBJECT or INCLUDE.SYSTEMSTATE options.

You are otherwise correct, including and excluding the exact same pattern
isn't a good idea.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-11-30
07:58:35:

> Hi, we use
>
> "include c:\adsm.sys\...* special" to assign a managent class to system
> objects. Is this (still) correct?
>
> I think include and exclude to the same directory isn't a good idea.
>
> Regards
> Stefan Holzwarth
>
>   _____

drive.
> But C:\adsm.sys is still backed up as a part of the system object or
> system state backup.
>
> Note that in version 5.3, TSM automatically excludes this directory.
>
> I believe that the 5.2.4 client uses exclude c:\adsm.sys\...\*, so the
> failures you see are probably on subdirectories of adsm.sys, not files.
In