ADSM-L

Antwort: [ADSM-L] TSM DB2 Backups

2005-11-30 09:00:32
Subject: Antwort: [ADSM-L] TSM DB2 Backups
From: Dierk Harbort <Dierk.Harbort AT BUERGEL DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 15:00:16 +0100
Hi, Bill!

what our dbadmins and we tsmers do is the following:

daily db2 backup (generations, controled by db2 itself) directly to tsm
tape (special stgp); backup via tsm db2 api to tape, becourse the file is
too large; in tsm only this one version exists.
the db2 logs are written in a disk pool, before beeing migrated to tape.
both are daily written to a copy pool, for drm.

regards,
Dierk

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           Bill Dourado    |
|         |           <bill.dourado@AL|
|         |           STEC.COM>       |
|         |           Gesendet von:   |
|         |           "ADSM: Dist Stor|
|         |           Manager"        |
|         |           <[email protected]|
|         |           T.EDU>          |
|         |                           |
|         |                           |
|         |           29.11.2005 16:24|
|         |           Bitte antworten |
|         |           an "ADSM: Dist  |
|         |           Stor Manager"   |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |        An:      ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                                      |
  |        Kopie:
                                               |
  |        Thema:   [ADSM-L] TSM DB2 Backups
                                               |

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hello,

Soon , we will be backing Db2 databases, using TSM API , and I will need a
backup strategy.

We currently backup   Lotus Notes Domino  where we do a  full Domino
(databases)
 backup once a week, and incremental rest of the week.
We also backup /archiveTransaction logs every 2 hours.

Does anybody backup/archive DB2 logfiles (on their own) at regular
intervals.

What are the most  popular  backup strategies  for DB2  ?

Regards

Bill

******************************* Disclaimer *******************************
This email and any files transmitted with it contains privileged and
confidential information and is intended for the addressee only. If you
are not the intended recipient you must not disseminate, distribute or
copy this email. Please notify the sender at once that you have received
it by mistake and then delete it from your system.

Any views expressed in this email are those of the sender and not
necessarily those of ALSTEC or its associated companies.

Whereas ALSTEC takes reasonable precautions to ensure this email is virus
free, no responsibility will be accepted by it for any loss or damage
whether direct or indirect which results from the contents of this email
or its attachments.

ALSTEC Group Limited - Registered in England No.3939840 - www.alstec.com
Registered office: Cambridge Road, Whetstone, Leicester. LE8 6LH. England.
Telephone: +44 (0)116 275 0750