ADSM-L

Re: Over-ride include exclude options in a dsmc session

2005-11-29 17:15:04
Subject: Re: Over-ride include exclude options in a dsmc session
From: Peter Hitchman <Peter.Hitchman AT THOMSON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 22:14:47 -0000
Thanks Andy,
My situation is that I have Oracle 7 databases to backup, so no TDP and
rman. The system is set so that the areas we store the Oracle datafiles
in is ignored. Fine for the Unix backups, but I need to be able to at
least shutdown the Oracle 7 databases and do a cold backup. At the same
time I do not want to change the inclexcl file named in the dsm.sys, its
no good backing up the database while its running (well I know there is
the hot tablespace backup option, but lets ignore that for now). Also I
need to back these files up to the same backup policy used for the Unix
backup, not the one used for rman backups, because that policy is set to
never automatically age out the files.

Regards

Pete