ADSM-L

Can't get TSM client 5.3.2.0 API to install on Solaris system

2005-11-29 14:48:16
Subject: Can't get TSM client 5.3.2.0 API to install on Solaris system
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 14:39:55 -0500
In fact, we can't get it off the ground, for some strange, unknown reason.
Looking for all suggestions/ideas/thoughts !

It is Solaris 8.  Yes, we are root !  Yes there is plenty of space in /tmp

 # pkgadd  -d ./TIVsmCapi.pkg TIVsmCapi

Processing package instance <TIVsmCapi> from </export/tsm/TIVsmCapi.pkg>

Tivoli Storage Manager Solaris 8/9/10 API Client
(sparc) Version 5 Release 3 Level 2.0
Licensed Materials - Property of IBM

5655-A30
(C) Copyright International Business Machines Corp. 1990, 2005.

All rights reserved.
US Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure
restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corp.

## Executing checkinstall script.
/var/tmp/dstreAAAHiaW4g/TIVsmCapi/install/checkinstall:
/var/tmp/dstreAAAHiaW4g/TIVsmCapi/install/checkinstall: cannot open
pkgadd: ERROR: checkinstall script did not complete successfully

Installation of <TIVsmCapi> failed.
No changes were made to the system.