ADSM-L

Re: MAXSCRATCH value in tape storage pools

2005-11-29 14:01:14
Subject: Re: MAXSCRATCH value in tape storage pools
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 13:48:41 -0500
Set the total of your maxscratch settings across your storage pool to be
equal to the number of tapes you have.  That will tell you realistic
storagepool utilizations and you'd be able to judge when a storage pool
is running out of storage media.

David

>>> melburn.dennis AT SIEMENS DOT COM 11/29/05 1:01 PM >>>
I migrated our W2K3 TSM server recently from 5.2.1.3 to 5.3.2.0 and
I've
had to change the MAXSCRATCH parameter on our tape storage pools from
0
to some arbitrary number like 1000 because migrations, as well as
backup
storage pool commands have been failing.  Any reason why this is?  Is
0
a valid MAXSCRATCH value in 5.3.2.0?  If not, any suggestions as to
what
value I should set each of the storage pools to?

Mel Dennis