ADSM-L

Re: Migrate TSM Server 4.2.4 on AIX 4.3.3 to 5.3 on Linux Howto (retry)

2005-11-22 09:09:12
Subject: Re: Migrate TSM Server 4.2.4 on AIX 4.3.3 to 5.3 on Linux Howto (retry)
From: Christoph Martin <martin AT UNI-MAINZ DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 15:08:45 +0100
Allen S. Rout schrieb:
> ==> On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:47:20 +0100, Christoph Martin <martin AT UNI-MAINZ
> DOT DE> said:
>
>>We currently have out TSM server version 4.2.4 running on a PowerPC with AIX
>>4.3.3. We now want to migrate to new hardware using version 5.3 on a
>>(Debian) Linux server.
>
>>Are there any recommendation which migration path to use?
>
> Moving between platforms, you will need to export and import.

So, I do an EXPORT SERVER to a tape and do an IMPORT SERVER with this
tape on the new box.

Do I have to export the FILEDATE also, or is it possible to reuse the
backup tapes on the new server?

And is it recommended to update the 4.2.4 server to 5.3 first?

Christoph

Christoph Martin, Leiter der EDV der Verwaltung, Uni-Mainz, Germany
 Internet-Mail:  Christoph.Martin AT Uni-Mainz DOT DE
  Telefon: +49-6131-3926337
      Fax: +49-6131-3922856