ADSM-L

Re: Open file support question

2005-11-20 08:35:03
Subject: Re: Open file support question
From: Kurt Beyers <Kurt.Beyers AT DOLMEN DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 14:31:52 +0100
Robert,

On Windows servers, the OFS does not work when you start the BA client on the
server itself. But if the backup is scheduled or the Web GUI is used, the OFS
does work. So see if this is the case with your XP client too.

But in general, I don't like the OFS too much. It crashed for instance a Domino
server although the Notes databases were excluded from the FS backup.

The VSS on Windows 2003 is working better together with the OFS.

best regards,
Kurt