ADSM-L

Re: TSM Win client DOMAIN statement and unc names

2005-11-15 18:17:10
Subject: Re: TSM Win client DOMAIN statement and unc names
From: TSM_User <tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 15:16:58 -0800
Andy are you sure? I don't remember seeing UNC paths that have been added to a
dsm.opt show up in the GUI ever. I'm wondering if the F: drive shows up in
Wanda's case because it is mapped and all mapped drives show up under Network
in the GUI.  I just mapped a drive without ever putting anything in the dsm.opt
and I see it under Network. Further I added it to the dsm.opt and that didn't
change the fact that it only showed up under Network.

  What I'm asking is do you really think adding something to the domain
statement, drive letter or UNC, will really have an effect on the GUI?

  I'm running the V5.2.3 client on WinXP

  Kyle

Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM> wrote:
  Hi Wanda, I would call this a bug.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" wrote on 2005-11-15
15:03:08: