ADSM-L

Re: Define tape library ?

2005-11-15 17:51:20
Subject: Re: Define tape library ?
From: Brian Ipsen - Progressive IT A/S <bin AT PROGRESSIVE DOT DK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 23:51:07 +0100
Hi,

 Well, the OS is Windows Server 2003 ... These OS and library manuals, can they
be found on the IBM website for TSM ?
I assume, that the parameters you mention are these:

DEFINE PATH servername libraryname SRCTYPE=SERVER DESTTYPE=LIBRARY
DEVICE=lb3.1.0.5 ONLINE=YES

^^^^^^^^^^
DEFINE PATH servername DRIVE01 SRCTYPE=SERVER DESTTYPE=DRIVE LIBRARY=3584LIB
DEVICE=mt0.2.0.5 ONLINE=YES

    ^^^^^^^^^
2nd: The drivetype is LTO2, not LTO - but maybe TSM is able to figure that out
itself ?

I haven't tried attaching a tape-library before, so I'm quite new to these
commands (I've mostly done disk-based storage pools untill now - just testing
in small-scale environment).

Mvh/Rgds.
Brian Ipsen