ADSM-L

Re: Database backup tapes taking over

2005-11-09 10:07:34
Subject: Re: Database backup tapes taking over
From: Dennis Melburn W IT743 <melburn.dennis AT SIEMENS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 10:07:10 -0500
I spoke with IBM support concerning this matter and William is right.
Apparently since the Full backup tapes are not going offsite, the DRM is
technically not managing them, so it is ok to use the delete volhist for
those.  I have setup a schedule to do this once per day, starting today.
All the sites have got back about 40-50 scratch tapes...YAY!!

Mel Dennis