ADSM-L

Re: Essbase backup with TSM

2005-11-04 12:39:01
Subject: Re: Essbase backup with TSM
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 12:38:45 -0500
Or, if the Essbase has multiple services (MS Exchange, for example, has
multiple services running)
you do it this way:

PRESCHEDULECMD  "C:\path\name.of.pre.bat"
POSTSCHEDULECMD "C:\path\name.of.post.bat"

And in the .bat file, you put in as many "net start service_name" or
"net stop service_name" statements as you need.
In most cases you will find that if there are multiple services, they
have to be stopped in a particular order.
Then you should restart them in reverse order.

Wanda Prather
"I/O, I/O, It's all about I/O"  -(me)