ADSM-L

Backup of a NAS Device - which options do I have?

2005-11-04 02:51:34
Subject: Backup of a NAS Device - which options do I have?
From: anton walde <nummer5lebt AT GMX DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 08:51:01 +0100
Hello all together.

We will become a NAS Device from I think NetApp and I was asked to find out
how this could be managed in concerne of Backup and restore.

So I looked for the best backup strategy but didn't find much on it.

So here are my questions:

1.) Which ways exist to backup a NAS Device with TSM? Only the NDMP-way or
could I manage this in the known and old way? I mean having one or more
TSM-Clients which back up the data to the TSM-Server without NDMP?

2.) When we would go the NDMP-way, must the NAS Device have a direct
connection to a Tape Device or could it use a Tape device which is only
connected to the TSM-Server?

With kind regards and the hope to get answers soon

Anton

--
Highspeed-Freiheit. Bei GMX superg|nstig, z.B. GMX DSL_Cityflat,
DSL-Flatrate f|r nur 4,99 Euro/Monat*  http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl