ADSM-L

Re: Missed schedules

2005-11-03 17:21:05
Subject: Re: Missed schedules
From: Aaron Becar <ab032 AT BYUH DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 12:20:37 -1000
We had that same initial problem with missing schedules, and here is
what we found and did....

First, because the backups were scheduled at the same time, from
different policy domains, when our diskpools filled up, it would mount a
tape.  However, it was making offsite copies at the same time, so this
used up all our tape drives, and some of the schedules missed because
the tapes for the next policy domain could not be mounted.  So we spread
out our backup schedule, as well as for the different policy domains.

Second, I made sure that the server was configured to accept more
connections, so that everyone could connect at the same time if
necessary.

Third, some of the client opt and sys files where not configured
correctly.

After that, our schedules have been running perfectly!

That is what we did!

>>> Richard.Mochnaczewski AT STANDARDLIFE DOT CA 11/3/2005 4:19:00 AM >>>
Hi Everybody,

Has anyone ran into problems with missed scheduled ? I know that a few
missed schedules a night may be normal, but we are getting several ,
more than 20,  a night . Most of the missed schedules are Oracle related
backups  i.e. archives and hot backups missing their schedules . We have
a paging system that pages us if a schedule is missed, Needless to say,
it's been going off more than we would like to. Does anyone have any
ideas on minimzing the missed schedules ? Unfortunately, it's not the
case that is is the same 20 schedules being missed. It varies from night
to night. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Rich