ADSM-L

Re: Can I do this?

2005-11-03 17:14:14
Subject: Re: Can I do this?
From: Aaron Becar <ab032 AT BYUH DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 12:13:33 -1000
Wow, that is pretty neat.  Do you have those scripts scheduled as cron
jobs, or do you run them manually?

Thanks!

Aaron

>>> NAVEEN.NR AT SBM.INTNET DOT MU 11/2/2005 8:34:28 PM >>>

I usually run a script which outputs all my volumes from two stgpools
with tape older than seven days that need to be deleted in a file  as
follows:

export TSMPATH=/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin;
export ADSMCMD="$TSMPATH/dsmadmc -id=$ID -password=$PASS";

$ADSMCMD <<EOF
select volume_name from volumes where stgpool_name like 'FCRFCCBAK%'
and last_write_date< current_timestamp - 7 day or stgpool_name like
'FCRFCC_P%'and last_write_date< current_timestamp - 7 day >
/tmp/nrvol.out
EOF

I then run another script as follows and this does the job.

cat /tmp/nrvol.out | grep -v VOL | grep -v \- | while read LINE
do
export TSMPATH=/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin;
export ADSMCMD="$TSMPATH/dsmadmc -id=$ID -password=$PASS";
$ADSMCMD <<EOF
delete volume $LINE discarddata=yes wait=yes
EOF
done

Hope this might help

Warm regards