ADSM-L

Upgrading to TSM V5.3.2 and optical devices

2005-11-03 15:26:02
Subject: Upgrading to TSM V5.3.2 and optical devices
From: DEBRA Wagy <wagy AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 14:25:45 -0600
We need to upgrade our TSM server that is connected to a 3995 optical
library with WORM volumes. We are going from version 5.1.7.0 to 5.3.2.0 on
an AIX server 5.1. We have done this on other servers without issues, but
this is the only server we have with an optical library attached. Has
anyone had any experience with this and know of any issues or problems we
need to look out for specific to worm volumes or the 3995 device?

Debra I. Wagy
PHONE:(314)252-6443
Storage Management & Recovery                TIE-LINE: 513-6443
UNIX Design and Implementation                MC: S306-6270
IBM Global Services                                         EMAIL:
WAGY AT US.IBM DOT COM