ADSM-L

Missed schedules

2005-11-03 09:26:48
Subject: Missed schedules
From: Richard Mochnaczewski <Richard.Mochnaczewski AT STANDARDLIFE DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 09:19:00 -0500
Hi Everybody,

Has anyone ran into problems with missed scheduled ? I know that a few missed
schedules a night may be normal, but we are getting several , more than 20,  a
night . Most of the missed schedules are Oracle related backups  i.e. archives
and hot backups missing their schedules . We have a paging system that pages us
if a schedule is missed, Needless to say, it's been going off more than we
would like to. Does anyone have any ideas on minimzing the missed schedules ?
Unfortunately, it's not the case that is is the same 20 schedules being missed.
It varies from night to night. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Rich