ADSM-L

TSM5.3 LINUX LAN FREE QUERY

2005-11-01 10:50:48
Subject: TSM5.3 LINUX LAN FREE QUERY
From: Russell Slack <rslack AT OCF.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 15:32:51 -0000
Hi Everyone,

Im new to this forum and Im hoping someone may be able to help a
relative novice to TSM5.3 on linux!!

I have nearly implemented lan-free backups to tape, however it seems to
be failing at the last hurdle!

I have gone through step by step instructions as per an IBM redbook (Get
More Out of Your SAN

with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager )

If I validate the lanfree config it reports successfully that it is
enabled and available, my storage agent successfully talks to the tsm
server but my client backups seem to hang, waiting for media..

If I check the tsm server I see

"session proxied by storage-4-sta started for node storage-4".

"session started for storage-4-sta for library sharing"

Then it mounts a tape ( seen with q mount )

Then after a few minutes it appears to close the session

And eventually I see :

ANR0530W Transaction failed for session 17 for node STORAGE-4 (Linux86)
- internal server error detected

I have patched my server upto 5.3.2.1 and my storage agent to 5.3.2.1
and the client has the latest fix patch for 5.3.2.0

Does anyone have any ideas or pointers ??

Many thanks

Russell