ADSM-L

Re: TSM license files

2005-10-24 15:52:37
Subject: Re: TSM license files
From: Christopher Zahorak <chris AT UWINDSOR DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:50:37 -0400
Typically they are in your TSM binary directory. On AIX
/usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin. When you register them, you can point to any
directory where the *.lic files are located.

Chris.

James Choate <jchoate AT SOURCE1INC DOT COM>
10/24/2005 03:44 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
TSM license files

Does anyone know where TSM stores the license files that are currently
registered on a TSM server?  Are the licenses stored in an internal
table within the database, or are they stored in an external file.

The reason I ask, is that I moved a TSM server from older hardware to
newer hardware, and after the move, I had to go register the licenses.
This wasn't a big deal, because I just re-registered the licenses. But I
was just curios why after I loaded the TSM database from the old server
onto the new server, the licenses didn't automatically transfer.

Thanks in advance.

~James