ADSM-L

bi-weekly full backup schedule

2005-10-24 15:27:41
Subject: bi-weekly full backup schedule
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:24:15 -0400
Hi everyone,

Will this schedule give me the ability to archive a servers filesystems
every Saturday at 10AM?  Or do I need to be more specific in the Objects
field?  And does it make more sense to do a selective backup, or would that
then ruin the whole concept of daily incremental backups?  I only want to
take a full backup bi-weekly of a particular server without having to have
the client drive the backup.  Thanks for any suggestions!

 Policy Domain Name                      SOLARIS

 Schedule Name                           BIWEEKLY-FULL

 Description                             bi-weekly full backup

 Action                                  ARCHIVE

 Options                                 -archmc=arc30

 Objects                                 *

 Priority                                5

 Start date                              2005-10-29

 Start time                              10:00:00

 Duration                                1

 Duration units                          HOURS

 Period                                  14

 Period units                            DAYS

 Day of Week                             SATURDAY

 Expiration                              -

Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems
Work:(717)302-6603