ADSM-L

Antwort: [ADSM-L] I/O error - please help

2005-10-24 07:31:32
Subject: Antwort: [ADSM-L] I/O error - please help
From: Dierk Harbort <Dierk.Harbort AT BUERGEL DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 13:31:27 +0200
Hi,

are you working with "checklable=barcode" ?

                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"        An:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA        Kopie:
                    RIST.EDU>            Thema:  [ADSM-L] I/O error - please
help

                    24.10.2005
                    11:41
                    Bitte
                    antworten an
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Hi,

I have got some very critical data o a volume. However , when I try to
checkin the tape, I am getting the folw error msg:

ANR8353E 001: I/O error reading label of volume in drive  DRIVE0
(/dev/rmt1).

The dive is operating fine with all other volumes except this one.

Can anyone suggest how I can recover the data on the tape, please

Thanks

The information contained in this e-mail message, and any attachment
thereto, is confidential and may not be disclosed without our express
permission. If you are not the intended recipient or an employee or agent
hereby notified that you have received this message in error and that any
review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message, or any
attachment thereto, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this message in error, please immediately notify us by
telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the message and all of its attachments.
Thank you.

Every effort is made to keep our network free from viruses. You should,
however, review this e-mail message, as well as any attachment thereto, for
viruses. We take no responsibility and have no liability for any computer
virus which may be transferred via this e-mail message.