ADSM-L

Re: JR- Restoring to a different server

2005-10-21 15:17:12
Subject: Re: JR- Restoring to a different server
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:16:46 -0400
If you mean just getting "some" data from server2 to server1, until you
have a chance to rebuild server2:

1) Log in to server1
2) CD c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient
3) start dsm.exe this way:   dsm -virtualnodename=server2
4) A box will pop up with the name server2, asking for server2's
password.
5) OVERTYPE the server2 name with your admin id, and your admin password
6) The file tree that pops up will be the TSM inventory for server2
7) point and click to choose the files you want to restore
8) you MUST specify "restore to other location", not "restore to
original location".

That's it.