ADSM-L

Re: TSM Performance with 3584 LTO-2 Drives

2005-10-20 17:33:36
Subject: Re: TSM Performance with 3584 LTO-2 Drives
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 17:33:11 -0400
You can also check drive firmware versions on the control panel.

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5509
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> Chip.Bell AT BHSALA DOT COM 10/20/05 5:28 PM >>>
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but there is one way to check whether
your firmware is up-to-date or not. If you have not assigned your
library IP address/DNS entry, do so. You can then access your 3584 via a
web URL line. In our case, I type 3584_1 (DNS name) on the URL line, hit
enter, and like magic I have a Java applet letting me see many things
about my library. If I have left out a step, please fill it in, because
this is a good way to see much info about your library, including
drive/library firmware levels. It even provides a firmware update
wizard!