ADSM-L

TSM Archive Restore Question

2005-10-20 07:43:19
Subject: TSM Archive Restore Question
From: Nick Saund <NSaund AT IBUK.BANKGESELLSCHAFT DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 12:42:50 +0100
Dear All,

We currently have an issue, the archive log history on TSM has been deleted,
however we know the files exists on the tapes somewhere. Is there any
mechanism we can you use to recover this information.

So TSM is able to identify what tapes are required for a restore?

We currently use TSM ver5.2.2 on a Solaris8 platform.

Thanks in advance

Nick Saund

IT / Infrastructure & Support

Bankgesellschaft - London Branch

The information in this document, including any attachments or subsequent
correspondence originating from this email address ("email"), is confidential
and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.
However, it may be intercepted by the system controller at Bankgesellschaft
Berlin AG for the purposes of monitoring communications relevant to the system
controller's business.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.

If you have received this email in error, please notify the Sender immediately
by telephone. Please also delete this email from your computer.

distribution or publication of this email is prohibited without the prior
consent of Bankgesellschaft Berlin AG. If you are not the intended recipient,
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance of this email is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.  Bankgesellschaft Berlin AG accepts no
liability for the consequences of any person acting, or refraining from action
in reliance of this email