ADSM-L

Re: TSM backup mapped drive

2005-10-19 12:17:59
Subject: Re: TSM backup mapped drive
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 11:17:39 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Gary Osullivan
>I am currently using tsm 5.1.6  client on a windows2000 machine.
>
>Does anyone know how to code the "INCLUDE"  in the option file
>when you want TSM to backup a mapped drive.
>
>example of what I have tried with no success.
>
>INCLUDE dbbckup on ' 172,29,116.34'(F:)
>
>INCLUDE "F:\...\*"  PRODUCTION

This topic has been batted around on this list many times; please check
the list archives at http://www.mail-archive.com/adsm-l AT vm.marist DOT edu/
for discussions.

A drive doesn't get mapped until someone logs into the box. If you use
the SYSTEM user ID to log onto the TSM scheduler service, SYSTEM can't
map any drives.

You will have to change the ID you use to log onto the TSM scheduler,
and that ID must be set to log onto the share during logon. (Also, when
that ID has its password changed, you'll have to modify the properties
of the TSM scheduler service accordingly--an administrative headache if
you have lots of clients.)

IBM Certified Advanced Deployment Professional
 Tivoli Storage Management Solutions 2005
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert (CATE) AIX
Berbee Information Networks
Office 262.521.5627