ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.3.2 and old Web Interface - Opening new window

2005-10-19 12:00:38
Subject: Re: TSM 5.3.2 and old Web Interface - Opening new window
From: John Schneider <Schneider_JohnD AT EMC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 11:59:23 -0400
Helder,
        This is a known problem; you are not the only one experiencing it,
and it seems to only affect AIX 5.3 ML3 customers.  Another person on the
list said it worked fine on AIX 5.3 ML2, but then appeared when they
installed ML3.  In their case, they were running AIX 5.2, which supported
the original TSM Web interface; so the interface is not the problem.
        Open a case with IBM, so you can be notified when the fix appears.
Here is what we recently got from IBM on this for our case:

APAR
>friday 10/14/05 (currently under review). AIX efix IY72930 (packaged in AIX
5.3
> ML3) exposed in TSM a non-compliant variable attribute/parameter in the
frame
>formatting. Disposition has yet to be determined.

>Regards,
>Michael Dineen
>Staff Software Engineer
>TSM/IBM/Tucson

Best Regards,

John D. Schneider
Technology Consultant - Backup, Recovery, and Archive Practice
EMC² Corporation, 600 Emerson Road, Suite 400, St. Louis, MO 63141
Phone: 314-989-3839 Cell: 314-225-9997 Email: Schneider_JohnD AT emc DOT com