ADSM-L

Re: Admin Center

2005-10-19 00:11:09
Subject: Re: Admin Center
From: John Monahan <JMonahan AT COMPURES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 22:26:04 -0500
I have run Admin Center on 2 different machines with the 64-bit kernel
without any issues.  If something is found not to work just because of the
64-bit issue I'll do what I do for the other things that don't work in
Admin Center like DRM setup - use the command line.  If it really comes
down to some catastrophe I can switch back to the 32 bit kernel with a
little work.

I find it ludicrous that all TSM software is supported with the 64 bit
kernel except for the admin interface to manage it.

______________________________
John Monahan
Senior Consultant Enterprise Solutions
Computech Resources, Inc.
Office: 952-833-0930 ext 109
Cell: 952-221-6938
http://www.computechresources.com

             David E Ehresman
             <deehre01@LOUISVI
             LLE.EDU>                                                   To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: Admin Center

             10/18/2005 12:31
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Are you running Admin Center in 64 bit AIX or 32 bit AIX on a 64 bit
machine?

The Admin Center requirements web page,
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21195062, says "AIX (32-bit
operating system on either 32-bit or 64-bit hardware )" while the TSM for
AIX 5.3 Install Guide says "AIX 5.2 on pSeries (64-bit operating system on
either a 32-bit or 64-bit hardware system)".  Tivoli Support in PMR 25797
082 000 says the web page is accurate, thus 32-bit AIX is all that is
supported.

Andy, can you speak to this?

David Ehresman

>>> stef.coene AT DOCUM DOT ORG 10/18/05 10:49 AM >>>
On Tuesday 18 October 2005 14:12, David E Ehresman wrote:
> Is there any word when the 5.3 Admin Center might be supported running on
> 64bit AIX?
Euh, we are running it on 64 bit without any problems.

Stef