ADSM-L

Re: v5r3 on gentoo and need libgpfs.so

2005-10-17 14:30:40
Subject: Re: v5r3 on gentoo and need libgpfs.so
From: Jonathan Siegle <jsiegle AT PSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 14:30:18 -0400
Ryan P wrote:
My organization has support for tivoli client.

This is my first time installing tivoli but I can read a set of instructions.
What I'm not understanding is this need of GPFS, and if I really do need
it to for the backup client, then where do I get it?  I called tech
support and he wasnt much help, found a little section on IBM knowledge
base talking about havign to order the library.  Seems like v5r2 doesnt
need GPFS or anything special.

I'm trying to get v5r3 working on a gentoo box.

I rpm2targz the API and then the BA rpm package.  Then respectfully
gzipped them from / to be extracted in the appropriate dirs.

I have a working dsm.sys config file and when I try to run dsmc I get this
message

./dsmc: error while loading shared libraries: libgpfs.so: cannot open

IBM put these shared libraries in /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin . So
you can modify your /etc/ld.so.conf or write a wrapper to export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH...

This is what I did on Debian to make it work, so I'm guessing this is
the issue on Gentoo..

-Jonathan