ADSM-L

Re: Problem deleting filespace on TSM 5.2.x

2005-10-12 13:37:17
Subject: Re: Problem deleting filespace on TSM 5.2.x
From: Etienne Brodeur <ebrodeur AT SERTI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:36:18 -0400
Hi Eric,

        Indeed it does... but it says the fix is that instead of ending in
sucess, the delete filespace will end in error with the appropriate error
message:

"... The intent
of this APAR is to change the completion message to
a failure and produce a diagnostic message indicating
why the filespace could not be removed."

The fix doesn't remove the filespace, it just tells you why it couldn't.
You still need to manually remove the invalid entry in the DB !

Etienne

"Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
10/12/2005 05:38
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Problem deleting filespace on TSM 5.2.x

Hi Etienne!
The apar states:
* RECOMMENDATION: Apply fixing level when available. This      *
*                 problem is currently projected to be         *
*                 fixed in levels 5.1.10 and 5.2.4.  Note      *
*                 that this is subject to change at the        *
*                 discretion of IBM.                           *
Both levels are available for download for quite some time and both
contain the fix for this bug...
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines