ADSM-L

Re: Fw: Configuring JBB

2005-10-11 14:06:42
Subject: Re: Fw: Configuring JBB
From: "Bell, Charles (Chip)" <Chip.Bell AT BHSALA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 13:06:04 -0500
Not a dumb question at all. This shop is strapped for resources. We are
looking at getting a VTL in here, but in the interim, I have a 3584 to
deal with. We have 4 LTO1 and 4 LTO2 drives. We do not have enough disk
to send him there, and our admin sched has recently outgrown the
environment that was supporting, so a VTL will kill several birds. So to
answer the question more directly, we just do not have the disk (or
SANergy money) or space for FILE to put it. I am fully aware that going
to tape is not helping, but I don't have many options as far as
resources are concerned. Another thing of note is that I put this node
in its own domain with own mgmt class to separate it out from our main
domain for Wintel boxes. This was done because of the sheer data amount
that they expected this server to host in the next few years (multiple
TB's). Yikes! Since I have collocation turned off until the resource
situation improves. I simply did not want to mix this node with the
others. The node has thus far filled 40 LTO2 tapes and is constantly
growing.  :^(