ADSM-L

Re: 3494/3584 HA1 High Availability Option - is it worth it?

2005-10-11 13:54:47
Subject: Re: 3494/3584 HA1 High Availability Option - is it worth it?
From: William Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 13:54:29 -0400
You don't have to make any changes to TSM to run the 3494 in manual mode. That
is a 3494 library setting. I'm not sure that you can
define a drive in a 3494 as in a manual library (DEF LIBR LIBT=MANUAL).

I think there's a chapter in the 3494 operator guide that explains manual mode.
No changes are required on any of the attached hosts
to the library when it's running in manual mode. Been a while since I've played
with a 3494, but at another site we had
one...connected to TSM on AIX and a zServer mainframe. In the 4-years I was
there, the robot only went offline twice. Just switched
to manual mode and got an aerobics workout!

Bill Boyer
"Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield" - ??