ADSM-L

DB2 Configuration Issues

2005-10-11 11:29:49
Subject: DB2 Configuration Issues
From: Brenda Collins <collinbr AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 10:30:40 -0500
Can anyone tell me if there is any good api code in version 5.3 that works
for DB2 configurations?  We are getting errors as follows:

ANS1398E Initialization functions cannot open one of the Tivoli Storage
Manager
logs or a related file: /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmprune.log. errno
= 13,
Permission denied
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
Command Line Backup/Archive Client Interface
  Client Version 5, Release 3, Level 0.12
  Client date/time: 10/11/05   11:24:54
(c) Copyright by IBM Corporation and other(s) 1990, 2005. All Rights
Reserved.

Our security team will not open up the directory for write permissions to
everyone because they feel that is too much of a security risk.

Also, if anyone has some tips on configuring a High Availability
environment with DB2 databases that can randomly failover between machines
and be accessed from either side, it would be appreciated.  In this case,
they are putting different databases into different volume groups so
instead of the entire system failing over, they may just do some of the
databases vs. all.  This means that at all times, they want to be able to
access their data from either system.

Brenda Collins
Storage Management
IBM Global Services