ADSM-L

Re: 3494 catagory vs tsm libvol

2005-10-08 07:57:36
Subject: Re: 3494 catagory vs tsm libvol
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 06:45:17 -0400
On Oct 7, 2005, at 3:59 PM, David E Ehresman wrote:

I have a mismatch between my 3494 tape categories and tsl libvol
status, i.e. the 3494 tape category is Private while the tsm libvol
status is scratch.

Will an audit library reconcile this?  If so, which way?  By
forcing the 3494 categories on the libvol or forcing the libvol
status on the 3494 categories?

If audit library is not the fix, what is?  Manually updating the
categories?

David

See topic "AUDit LIBRary" in http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts
or in http://www.tsmwiki.com/tsmwiki
which addresses those issues.

I'd recommend researching your Activity Log to determine how this
happened, as it should not happen, and you want to prevent recurrences.

   Richard Sims