ADSM-L

Re: 3494 catagory vs tsm libvol

2005-10-07 16:04:59
Subject: Re: 3494 catagory vs tsm libvol
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 16:04:43 -0400
I have a mismatch between my 3494 tape categories and tsl libvol status,
i.e. the 3494 tape category is Private while the tsm libvol status is
scratch.

Will an audit library reconcile this?  If so, which way?  By forcing the
3494 categories on the libvol or forcing the libvol status on the 3494
categories?
>> Good question - I haven't run into that case before, don't know if an
audit library will fix it or not.

If audit library is not the fix, what is?  Manually updating the
categories?

>> You can manually update the category with mtlib.
But if the library is conveniently located, you can also use TSM to
checkout/eject the tape, then put it back in through the door and check
it in to TSM again.  The 3494 category should get reassigned by the
checkin.