ADSM-L

Can't Start TSM Server 5.3 on AIX 5.1

2005-10-05 09:24:37
Subject: Can't Start TSM Server 5.3 on AIX 5.1
From: "Kleynerman, Arthur" <Arthur.Kleynerman AT MOODYS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 09:20:11 -0400
Hello TSM'ers:

Following the upgrade of our server to TSM 5.3, it is not coming up,
complaining that all sessions, including administrative, are disabled.
The SERVER_CONSOLE admin id does not have sufficient privileges to
re-enable the sessions.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem and is there a way out? IBM is
claiming that it's pretty much impossible to do anything at this point,
short of restoring the database to an earlier version (we still have a
backup of the server prior to the upgrade).

I would appreciate anyone's assistance.

Thanks in advance,
Arthur

---------------------------------------

The information contained in this e-mail message, and any attachment thereto,
is confidential and may not be disclosed without our express permission.  If
you are not the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for
delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
you have received this message in error and that any review, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message, or any attachment thereto, in whole or
in part, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error,
please immediately notify us by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the message
and all of its attachments.  Thank you.

Every effort is made to keep our network free from viruses.  You should,
however, review this e-mail message, as well as any attachment thereto, for
viruses.  We take no responsibility and have no liability for any computer
virus which may be transferred via this e-mail message.